Resolving begin and end time

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 09:42:42 +0200
  • Subject: Resolving begin and end time
  • To: "'symm@w3.org'" <symm@w3.org>

Forwarded message 2

  • From: Chaiwarat C. <youyz@cs.ait.ac.th>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:07:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Subject: [Moderator Action] Resolving begin and end time
  • To: "Www-Smil" <www-smil@w3.org>
Hi,
   I am doing my thesis on developing an engine for SMIL boston version. And, I have a question on time resolving.  In the SMIL boston specification, the aim of the language is to construct a time graph which contains all time instant relation
between two end points from different elements. Solving begin and end time of an element must deal with those end point from the others. Do you have any suggestion on the algorithm to do this? Do I have to know the concept of constaint propagation?

Thank you so much.