Re: Why SMIL technology will prevail over competing methods?

While we are talking pros and cons...

SMIL's text format is a big advantage. Text is friendly and understandable.
It feels a lot like HTML. But what made HTML really take off is that people
could source the HTML with the browsers.

Is anybody working on making a "View Source" option in the G2 browser? I
think that would help speed up development dramatically. I'm beginning to
collect and post SMIL samples at JustSMIL.com but that is a work around at
best...

Tim

At 11:08 AM -0700 6/15/98, Rob Lanphier wrote:
>You have SMIL
>
>At 01:50 PM 6/15/98 -0400, Rolande Kendal wrote:
>>SMIL cons:

>>Competing methods that warrent concideration:

>>2) RealNetworks' G2
>
>You can safely put RealSystem G2 in the "SMIL Pros" catagory.  RealSystem
>G2 supports SMIL, and thus isn't a competing method at all.  See
>http://www.real.com/technology/smil for more information.
>
>Rob
>
>---
>Rob Lanphier (robla@real.com)    Voice: (206)674-2322   Fax: (206)674-2699