Re: SWRL Implementations

Dear Mr. Aboulwafa,

regarding you questions for the SWRL and R2ML languages:

I have recognized some swrl implementations like Pellet, Bossam, KOAN2,
> RacerPro, SweetRules (Jena2 rules), SWRLJessTAB (in protege),
> R2ML(REWERSE). And i need to choose one that have the following features:

Actually, the R2ML is not an SWRL implementation, but it is a general rule
langauge for which we have defined translations from and to SWRL.

> 1- Applies most features of SWRL, like (SWRL/OWLX Parser, SWRL/RDF
> Parser, SWRL Math Built-Ins, SWRL String Built-Ins, SWRL Comparison
> Built-Ins, SWRL Boolean Built-Ins, SWRL Date, Time and Duration
> Built-Ins, etc.). I know that almost all of the above implemenattion
> takes only a decidable frgment of SWRL. but i need the one that takes
> the largest fragment without going through the decidability problem.

Well, we have translation of the following features: SWRL/OWLX Parser,
SWRL Math Built-Ins, SWRL String Built-Ins (partially), SWRL Comparison
Built-Ins (partially), SWRL Boolean Built-In (partially), and some of the
Date/Time functions. These functions can be easily added to our
implementation.

> 2- Reliable resoning; no need for manual checking of the results.

 Well, we don't have any type of reasoning with SWRL or R2ML

> 3- Java API where i can use it from within java applications.

We have defined ATLTransformations class that can be used to inject SWRL
rule to the RDM model and then to translate it to the R2ML, or to extract
RDM model to the SWRL rule

________________________
Best regards, Milan Milanovic
PhD candidate

GOOD OLD AI Laboratory
Department of Information Systems and Technologies
Faculty of Organizational Sciences
University of Belgrade
Serbia

email: milan@milanovic.org
web: http://milan.milanovic.org

I have recognized some swrl implementations like Pellet, Bossam, KOAN2,
RacerPro, SweetRules (Jena2 rules), SWRLJessTAB (in protege),
R2ML(REWERSE). And i need to choose one that have the following features:

1- Applies most features of SWRL, like (SWRL/OWLX Parser, SWRL/RDF
Parser, SWRL Math Built-Ins, SWRL String Built-Ins, SWRL Comparison
Built-Ins, SWRL Boolean Built-Ins, SWRL Date, Time and Duration
Built-Ins, etc.). I know that almost all of the above implemenattion
takes only a decidable frgment of SWRL. but i need the one that takes
the largest fragment without going through the decidability problem.
2- Reliable resoning; no need for manual checking of the results.
3- Java API where i can use it from within java applications.

Thanks and regards,
Somaya