Re: Web Rule Language - WRL vs SWRL

This is quite an interesting thread though I also suggest that people take a
look at the interesting work that the REWERSE guys are doing in relation to
SW rule languages.

http://www.rewerse.net

Regards

Charlie

Hi Jim --

At 11:07 PM 6/22/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>I spent many years of my career arguing against DL and doing scruffy AI -
>yet here I am defending OWL - why?  because the design time and fights
>over the details of a number of use cases ended up creating something
>pretty damn useful -- both in the OWL DL space and in the OWL Full space
>-- so somehow the process worked...

You make a good point.  A lot of the practical work on SW rules (e.g.
jena), and on related SQL-flavored langages, is still more scruffy than
neat.  A recent attempt to neatify some of it is at

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rule-workshop-discuss/2005Jun/att-0006/00-part

Cheers,   -- Adrian

INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC (R)
www.reengineeringllc.com <http://www.reengineeringllc.com>