SWRL - 2004-04-30 draft - minor errors

From: Daniel Barclay <daniel@fgm.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:54:53 -0500
To: www-rdf-rules@w3.org

The page "SWRL: A Semantic Web Rule Language Combining OWL and RuleML"
at http://www.daml.org/rules/proposal/rules-all.html seems to contain a
couple of errors:

* The document says "Semantcs" (which, of course, should be "Semantics").

* The table with columns labeled "Namespace Name" and "Namespace"
   isn't quite labeled correctly.

   The second column, labeled "Namespace," is really a column of namespace
   names, so the first column can't really be labeled "Namespace Names."
   (Yes, that second column refers to the namespaces themselves, but it
   refers to them by giving their names.)

   The first column, labeled "Namespace Names," does not actually list
   namespace names, but instead lists prefixes, for qualified names,
   associated with the respective namespaces/namespace names.

   Perhaps the first column should be labeled "Namespace Prefix" or
   "Prefix" or something like "Conventional Prefix."

* The document twice refers to "an OWL description."  That term seems
   ambiguous.  (Does it refer to something specific in the OWL
   specifications that I just failed to notice, or should that term be
   something more specific?)

* The document says:

     It is suggested that if ..., then it implement ...

   Can the subjunctive and "if...then" be combined like that?  (Something
   doesn't seem right with that construction, but I can't quite identify
   if it's wrong.)

Daniel Barclay