Re: RDF query testcases?

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 02:03  PM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> The test cases for the RDQL in Jena are shipped with the standard Jena
> distribution - you can pull them out of the CVS repository on
> SourceForge as
> well.

same here - we got some simple RDQL regression tests distributed with
rdfstore and you can have a look to them on the CVS rep at sourceforge.

> The control (manifest) file is not RDF - but it could be.  Tests take
> the
> form
> (query, data, expected result set) and there is code that tests the
> expected
> result set is equivalent (same values for variables, subject to
> bNode-isms,
> number or rows etc) to the actual results obtained.  I don't test
> failure
> cases (i.e. that queries that are wrong fail in the expectedly wrong
> way).

we are not going that far at the moment just having some test data,
queries and some expected num of results; everything is in perl code at
the moment but it would be great to have some good ones expressed in
some RDF, like Libby/Dan ones and jena.

> For the FAQ: Alberto has gone a great job with:
>
> http://rdfstore.sourceforge.net/2002/06/24/rdf-query/query-use-
> cases.html

I was proposing to Libby eventually the possibility to add links on
that page to actually add test data to specific use-cases or examples
together with some test results i.e. link up the tests to the query
language example to the use-cases.

is there an RDF Schema for Libby's tests-manifest somewhere? not that I
need one at the moment :-)

cheers

Alberto