RE: RDF query testcase requirements: IRC chat?

> I would suggest sometime in the week of 24th February, maybe Thursday
> 27th at 17:00 GMT.

Great idea - I will try and make it.

> The main issue for me is how to express the query itself.

Agreed.  I would like to see the expressivity as poer the QL98 paper -
arbitrary graph patterns - including ones that do not serialize
conveniently.

> My inclination is to try and express queries as graphs with parts
> missing, that is, to interpret an RDF graph as a query, as Jos de Roo
> suggested [5].

> I think this would give us one big win, which is that we could ignore
> the syntactic differences between several very similar query languages
> for RDF (although this will by no means encompass all RDF query
> languages). Plus of course, we get the query parser for free.

An alternative would be to express the query as cwm rules of the form:

	{ query pattern } => { output format }

(or some such) then there is a implementation of the query processor as well
:-)

In Jos's message:
> ... it seems to us that a query is simply
> a set of triples where bnodes play the role of variables
> we then basically can apply a resolution process

OK if blank arcs are allowed (also, with the _:a syntax to relate bNodes to
get arbitrary graph patterns).

	Andy