Re: polling interest in Data Access Working Group (DAWG)

Nokia is interested.

C.f. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-rules/2003Nov/0171.html

I'm puzzled about the name "Data Access WG". We are interested
in a standardized means of querying knowledge which is expressed
as (or accessible as) RDF, per the latest RDF specs, and interpretable
per the RDF MT -- not *any* data whatsoever (at least insofar as
this particular effort is concerned).

The name change suggests to me that this is a proposal for something
other than, or far broader than, "RDF Query".

Or did you simply prefer the more colorful acronym "DAWG" (bow wow)
to "RDFQ", the former suggesting a trend in animal-related acronyms
for SW standards, a'la OWL ;-)

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler