From: Seaborne, Andy [mailto:Andy_Seaborne@hplb.hpl.hp.com]
Sent: 11 September 2002 12:57
To: 'Graham Klyne'
Cc: Barnell, Alex; 'RDF Rules'
Subject: RE: Query use cases

Graham,

That's an interesting example (daml:collection) - presumably it suggests the
query should return only the list head and start part way down (unlikely the
query would do this match but possible).  I didn't notice anything DQL about
this - maybe I missed it.

The same is true of RDF alt/seq/bag - in many application situations it
would be nicest to mask the RDF encoding of the compound structure and
return a

Alex Barnell has been doing some work here on "RDFObjects" which provides
applications with a view of the RDF data as structured data items (e.g.
action items for working groups, vCards or iCal entries).

Is this way of thinking about it - as higher level data abstractions - what
is going on, do you think?

Would submit an example at
http://rdfstore.sourceforge.net/2002/06/24/rdf-query/, run by Alberto
Reggiori, which is a collection of query examples even if it's a use case
with no solution.

As to query discussion - www-rdf-rules is the only place I know of.

	Andy