Re: What is an RDF Query?

From: "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org>
Subject: Re: What is an RDF Query?
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:55:09 -0400

> Thanks for the clarification. I propose that we use a term for the
> antecedent tthat is NOT "assertion". Furthur, I propose that this term
> either be "query" or that the definition express the commonality with
> queries.

I propose that we do not do this.  I oppose calling the antecedant of a
rule anything other than the antecedant of a rule!  In particular, I
strongly oppose calling it a query, as there have been arguments that
the antecedant of a rule is not the same as a query.

> I feel that vocabulary resolution saves a lot of time in the long run
> and is worth some effort.

I feel that the vocabulary conflation can only serve to stifle debate on
exactly what rule antecedants should be.

> -eric

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research