Re: Scope

"Seaborne, Andy" wrote:

> I'm not up to speed on RuleML but it does seem like a starting point to
> consider.   Would someone like to comment here?  How would it describe
> getting back a set of results?  If could do a DTD/Schema within that
> framework or reuse one existing one the it would minimise the work needed.
>
> So the suggestions so far are for:
> 1 - use case/requirements
> 2 - looking at work to reuse.

I have almost no idea what RuleML is :) but an idea I got while coding with
my RDQL implementation is to use either an XML DTD or Schema to generate the
queries "automatically" i.e. have a kind of XSLT xsd2rdql.xsl or something
like that. This solution has the big problem of requiring the user to write a
DTD of his RDF data and that is very tedious if not impossible in most cases;
use an XML Schema could be better. On the other side it would allow to define
exactly which triples to query to fetch the data out of the storage without
too much guessing....

Anybody working on this or having pointers about such transformation tools
for RDF queries?

Alberto