Re: Restricting value of property to user-defined datatype

Anjum Shehzad wrote:

> I want to define my own data type e.g. an integer representing a
> day-of-the-month should be between 1 and 31 (daysInt). I know how to do
> this with XSD SimpleType element but can the RDF/RDFS/OWL parser
> understand the datatype daysInt?

Some toolkits, for example Jena [1], do support user defined XSD datatypes
by using a local convention for the URI of the defined datatype. The
problem, as you point out, is that there is no defined standard for this
URI convention and so any such usage may not be portable.

The semantic web best practices WG is, I believe, hoping to work with the
XML Schema WG to resolve this.

Dave

[1] http://jena.sourceforge.net/