Re: Does Euler support owl:hasValue ?

Hi Seth,

> Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask Euler questions, but I
> haven't been able to find a mailing list or contact for Euler.  If there

> is a better place, please let me know.

For EulerSharp http://sourceforge.net/projects/eulersharp
there is public forum at
http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=77046
and an open discussion at
but I haven't much experience though and you should have
a sourceforge user account which you can get via
http://sourceforge.net/account/register.php

> I am trying to write some tests using owl:hasValue and run it through
> Euler.  Unfornately, I'm not having much luck.  I am trying say "any
> object that has a property "dc:subject" and a value of "foo" is an
> instance of a :Foo class".  I do it with:
>
> :Foo a owl:Class ;
>      rdfs:subClassOf [ a owl:Restriction ;
>                        owl:onProperty dc:subject ;
>                        owl:hasValue^^xsd:string "foo" ] .
>
> I then give it the facts:
>
> :foo a owl:Thing ; dc:subject^^xsd:string "foo" .
> dc:subject a owl:DatatypeProperty ; rdfs:range xsd:string .

hm.. haven't thought vere hard, but shouldn't that be

[ a owl:Restriction ;
  owl:onProperty dc:subject ;
  owl:hasValue "foo"^^xsd:string ] rdfs:subClassOf :Foo .
:Foo a owl:Class .
:foo a owl:Thing ; dc:subject "foo"^^xsd:string .
dc:subject a owl:DatatypeProperty ; rdfs:range xsd:string .

??

> Then I ask:
>
> _:X a :Foo .

and then we get

 {# <http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2003/03swap/rdfs-rules.n3> line 58.

  _:1128272_1 rdfs:subClassOf :Foo.
   {# <http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2003/03swap/owl-rules.n3> line
151.
    _:1128272_1 owl:onProperty dc:subject.
    _:1128272_1 owl:hasValue "foo".
    :foo dc:subject "foo"} =>
  {:foo a _:1128272_1}} =>
{:foo a :Foo}.

> But I don't get any proofs.  Of course, I could be asking the question
> incorrectly.  Before I go down that route, I want to see if anyone knows

> if Euler can handle the above owl:hasValue usage.

there is such support in
http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2003/03swap/owl-rules.n3
but it is not a complete axiomatization of OWL Full :)