Re: Properties of Resources that Need More than One URI to be Identified

James Cerra wrote:

> For instance, say I wish to identify a file on my computer on another
> (internet and network disabled) computer.  Note that I don't care about
> getting the representation for that file, just identifing it.  I can't
> just use the file: protocol since that is useful only in the context of
> a specific machine.

Yes, you can, if you give a network host name for the computer it is on.
  If the file would never be accessible over a network, you do not
really need to give it a retrievable locator, anyway.  So you could just
assign it a uri and add a triple saying that it is currently stored on
such-and-such a computer.

Cheers,

Tom P