Re: rdf inclusion

pat hayes wrote:

> But Jeff's point is that different reasoners will come up with
> different conclusions from the *same* inputs. Of course there will be
> rival thoeries on the web, though everyone seems to assume that this
> will somehow not be a problem for the SW (I think it is a huge
> problem.) BUt Jeff is making a nastier point: the same content as
> input might produce very different conclusions as output.

I think that it is inevitable that this too will happen, sooner or
later. At some point, if this thing starts taking off, there will be
extensions that folks make that will be hard to express in a nice
decidable language. You know, someone will want to make temporally
qualified statements or (gasp) even defaults. Or maybe some rules to
deal with your favorite (the frame problem). At which point, all bets
are off!

Of course, that does not mean we have to go there right away ...

guha