Re: properties as nodes etc.

From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@comcast.net>

> Ah, back to quads.  I'd like to be able to identify triples, too.  In
fact,
> I remember thinking during the recent thread on "dark triples" (was that
> here or on rdf-interest?) that the concept didn't seem workable to me
> without being able to identify actual triples and to make statements about
> them.  Maybe I just didn't understand something crucial.

Well it seems like there are at least two ways to do it:

Method (1) - identify each triple ... give it an identify.  Then you put
triples in context by drawing a 'containedInContext' arc from it to it's
context:

<id1> <s1> <p1> <o1>
<id2> <id1> <containedInContext> <c1>

... where the quad identified by <id2> puts the quad identified by <id1> in
context <c1>.

If it makes you feel squeemish when you say 'context' you can say 'graph'
and feel better.

Method (2) the context is a container of the triple.  Here is the same
statement as above:

<c1> <s1> <p1> <o1>

I like method (2), containment, because it seems like a natural progression:
objects contained in predicates, contained in nodes, contained in contexts.
Also you dont end up with a lot of wiggy <id> uri floating around to confuse
the issue.  In fact I liked it so well I wrote a demo in python  to prove it
works.

Download and play with quads ...

http://robustai.net/sailor/

Seth Russell