Re: DAML-S clarification

Charlie,

As per our offline exchange, parsing DAML-S should follow directly
from parsing DAML.  It's just the same as parsing any DAML ontology,
except that you know in advance that there are some distinguished
classes that will exist in all representations.  I haven't looked at
how the DAML parser works to comment directly on the approach you're
proposing, but it sounds reasonable.

I'm curious.  What are you guys going to be using DAML-S for?  I'm
always interested in seeing how it's being used!

Regards,
Sheila

Charlie wrote:

> First of all thanks for your comments.
>
> So effectively if one needs to parse a DAML-S file (having triples as
> output) then a DAML parser such as that incorporated within the DAML API or
> Jena would suffice. Right?
> Because of the fact that DAML adds expressive power to RDF then these APIs
> try to get at this add on by having specific classes added to deal with
> DAML. Hence I suppose a similar technique is to be used to get to the
> information that the extra classes and properties expressed in DAML-S
> provide. Right?
>
> Charlie

Sheila McIlraith, PhD                 Phone: 650-723-7932
Knowledge Systems Laboratory          Fax: 650-725-5850
Department of Computer Science
Gates Sciences Building, 2A-248       http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/sam
Stanford University                   E-mail sam@ksl.stanford.edu
Stanford, CA 94305-9020