Re: N3 vs. XML

"Emery, Pat" wrote:

> Jos said:
>
>   (so with 'is' and 'quote' in http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log# )
>
> The URL http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log#
>
> resulted in
>
>         The document name you requested (/2000/10/swap/log) could not be
> found on this   server. However, we found documents with names similar
>         to the one you requested.
>
>         Available documents:
>
>                 /2000/10/swap/log.n3 (common basename)

There's something wierd going on with our server; I
spent a little time trying to fix it without success.
Anyway...

> The referenced link http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/log.n3 did not include
> 'is' or 'quote'

I'm not exactly sure what log:is is for... it hasn't
been written up carefully, as far as I know, yet.

The only 'specification' I know of is in the notation3.py
code; comments in the code suggests Tim's not quite
happy with the design yet:

//////////////
excerpt from
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/notation3.py

# Below we notate a nested bag of statements - a context

    def startBagSubject(self, context):  # Doesn't work with RDF sorry
ILLEGAL
        self.flushStart()
        self._wr.startElement(RDF_NS_URI+'Description',
                              [],
#                             [(RDF_NS_URI+' about',
relativeURI(self._base,context[1]))],
                              self.prefixes)
#        print "# @@@@@@@@@@@@@ ", self.prefixes
        log_quote = self.prefixes[(RESOURCE, Logic_NS)] + ":Quote"  #
Qname yuk

        self._wr.startElement(Logic_NS+"is", [(RDF_NS_URI+' parseType',
log_quote)], self.prefixes)
        self._subj = None
        self._pred = None