Re: N3 vs. XML

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:00:28 +0100
To: David Allsopp <dallsopp@signal.dera.gov.uk>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
At 10:31 AM 5/21/01 +0100, David Allsopp wrote:
>They may not make sense though - what about collections? If you remove
>the rdf:type property then the collection isn't valid RDF. If you remove
>the rdf:_2 property leaving only _1 and _3 then I guess the collection
>isn't valid. So the triples are not all independent. This is a problem
>of RDF in general, not N3 though.

I don't see that removing rdf:type makes it invalid RDF.

I do tend to agree that rdf:_1 and friends are a problem, for the reasons
you suggest.  I think Dave Beckett and Brian McBride's interpretation of
containers [1] reasonably overcomes this.

#g
--

[1] http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/bwm/rdf/issues/containersyntax/current.htm

Graham Klyne