Re: What do the ontologists want

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 15:12:28 +0100
To: phayes@ai.uwf.edu
Cc: sandro@w3.org, www-rdf-logic@w3.org

[...]
> OK, though I see the Semantic Web as being *built* out of interacting
> ontologies, rather than being a way to get them made. There will be a
> lot of barrier-reef construction, of course, once it gets started.

This is coming from our yesterday's RDFCore telecon
-- http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2001-05-18.html

10:25:58 <em>  danbri: "what do the ontologists want" thread
10:26:19 <em>  danbri: asks jos to summarise the fact that the
                  issue hasn't been addressed
10:26:30 <em>  frankm: what would the logicians like to see in rdf
                  eg clarification of semantics, removing the cruft, etc.

Well, that was yesterday, and then I saw you saying
  [[the Semantic Web *built* out of interacting ontologies
    rather than a way to get them made]]
Now that goal must have some subgoals, I suppose, which could
then be further *resolved* with more subgoals, isn't it?