RE: What do the ontologists want

Peter Crowther wrote:

> Ditch RDF and layer a logic directly on XML?  Just a thought...
> the problem
> is that it loses a lot of the work currently being put into the
> Semantic Web
> and being described using RDF, unless there's a well-defined
> migration path.

well, RDF XML is still XML, and via an N3 <-> XML 'grove' one can easily
provide an XML view of N3 (in the same fashion that I provide an XML view of
MIME http://www.openhealth.org/xmtp#

the work currently going on in the XML Query http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/
area is _very_ promising providing an XML Query Algebra with the same (or
better? :-) power than relational algebra.

this sort of work is an important reason (a much more important one than
one's like or dislike of angle brackets) that RDF and DAML should keep close
ties with XML.

something to keep in mind.

Jonathan Borden
The Open Healthcare Group