useful reification

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 15:43:18 +0600
To: "Www-Rdf-Logic" <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
I just came across [1] the use of reification for describing inheritance
with exceptions - e.g. mammals have 4 legs, bats which are mammals have 2.

This would strike me as being a very desirable facility, though how this
appears in the RDF version of reification, or whether there's an equally
good way of doing this (using the quantification in DAML+OIL?) I've no idea.

[1] Artificial Intelligence - A Modern Approach, Russell & Norvig 1995.
(someone <Dan C?> recommended this book recently as required reading, and
quite rightly too - it's getting a bit old, but it could hardly be more
comprehensive)

---
Danny Ayers
http://www.isacat.net