Re: RDF Statements as floating Cons Cells

>Pat wrote:
> > Maybe we should stick to using RDF as a simple ground-data language,
> > and just build or use something else altogether for doing more
> > complicated stuff.
>
>Well maybe or maybe not (what was that again?)
>I'm still thinking about 'transistors' (*) and
>trying to build 'logic circuits' without them
>(but maybe my teachers brainwashed me too much)
>
>--
>Jos De Roo, AGFA http://www.agfa.com/w3c/jdroo/
>
>(*) 'some'-things like e.g.
>             -----
>    is----->|  s  |
>     |       -----
>   -----   p   -----
>  |     |---->|  o  |
>   -----       -----

This can be done, sure, but unless we can do it in a way that alows
the 'relational' interpretation of RDF triples as well as the
construction/circuit sense, then we are just using RDF as an
implementation language, and judged on that basis it isn't
particularly useful (IMHO). Whereas it is clearly of utility for
interchanging ground relational data. So, rather than try to make it
be all things to all men, let us just optimise it for a relatively
humble, but valuable, intended use and move on to other things for
other purposes, was my point.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes