Re: Resources with more than one type

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> > and indeed, DAML defaults the
> > type to daml:Thing.  So, ordinarily, we can talk about *the* type of an
> > object,
>
> No, we can't.  We can ask for the *set* of types which something has
> according to
> a given set of infromation (eg a document).

Related point: If we are, as TBL suggests (and with which I agree), going to be
able to ask a DAML+OIL query with respect to a given set of information (e.g., a
document), then why are we not able (to my knowledge) to express constraints in
DAML+OIL WITH RESPECT TO A GIVEN SET OF INFORMATION?  Why can't we say, for
instance, property P has cardinality 2 WITHIN a given namespace, or a given
document, or a given set of information (however that may be specified)?  Aren't
we going to need that as an integral part of the language?

Regards,

- David Martin