RE: A modest proposal for reforming RDF

Drew,

Your document asserts:

  The disadvantage is that we can't assert a complex
  expression without asserting its parts.

I'm not convinced this is true.  This can be done in
RDF, but requires reification, whose syntax is, shall
we say, verbose.

It is, as you have done, important to separate the RDF
XML syntax and the underlying data model.  It would be
helpful to me to understand whether your proposal to
reform RDF is motivated by dislike of the syntax, or
by the data model being insufficiently expressive.

If the problem is the syntax, then might a new
syntax for the underlying data model solve the problem.

If the problem is the expressiveness of the data model,
I'd really appreciate an example to help me understand
its limitations.

Brian McBride
HPLabs