Re: Where to ask questions about RDF specs?

Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz> writes:

> Peter Seibel wrote:
>> P.S. As an example, at the moment I'm trying to understand where the
>> parent attribute used in various production rules of:
>>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Data-Model>
>> comes from since none of the events are defined as having a parent
>> attribute.
>
> The parent property refers to the enclosing element. Quoting from the
> InfoSet spec ( http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/ ):
>
> """
> An element information item has the following properties:
> 9. [parent] The document or element information item which contains
>    this information item in its [children] property.
> """

Unfortunately that doesn't make sense because the references to, for
instance, e.parent, occurs in Section 7 which is a grammar over
events, not the information items befined by Infoset. Which you can
tell because, in addition to the parent attribute, these things have
attributes such as subject, URI, and string-value which are not,
unless I'm missing something, defined for the Infoset items. It seems
that if the definition of Element Event in 6.1.2 is ammended to have a
parent value then things will be more or less consistent. Or maybe I'm
still missing something.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel           * peter@gigamonkeys.com