Re: Representing vCard Objects in RDF/XML

Ok. I understand that.  There are a few things that still confuse me.
One simple one is the following:

In the schema there is the following declarations:

<rdfs:Class rdf:ID="NPROPERTIES"/>

<rdf:Description ID="N">
   <rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Property"/>
   <rdfs:label>Name</rdfs:label>
   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#NPROPERTIES"/>
</rdf:Description>

<rdf:Description ID="Family">
   <rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Property"/>
   <rdfs:label>Family Name</rdfs:label>
   <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#NPROPERTIES"/>
</rdf:Description>

I am not sure why the last one isn't

<rdf:Description ID="Family">
   <rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#Property"/>
   <rdfs:label>Family Name</rdfs:label>
   <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#NPROPERTIES"/>            <-- changed to
domain
</rdf:Description>

So that the type of the node that is the object of vcard:N is stated as
the same as what is expected as the subject of the vcard:Family
property.

an example from the spec:

<vCard:N rdf:parseType="Resource">
     <vCard:Family> Crystal </vCard:Family>
     <vCard:Given>  Corky </vCard:Given>
     <vCard:Other>  Jacky </vCard:Other>
     <vCard:Prefix> Dr </vCard:Prefix>
     <vCard:Suffix> III </vCard:Suffix>
</vCard:N>

I'm not sure how the <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#NPROPERTIES"/> in
the original Family declaration gives a structured property sense to
vcard:Family as suggested in section 3.4 of
http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf

cheers
Matt