Striping and Capitalization in RSS 1.1 [was: Re: [RSS-DEV] RSS 1.1]

Hammond, Tony wrote:

> I'm in no way against representing Classes/properties as such - as
> long as it's done _consistently_ down the hierarchy (in XML).

Consistency with RDF convention is a binary thing: either you follow
that convention or you do not. Regardless of the fact that our use of a
single capitalized RDF class is tantalizing, we have chosen to use
entirely lowercase elements inside the capitalized root, and hence the
XML convention.

Note that RSS 1.0 followed the same principle, that of a capitalized
root element and lowercase children, but that we've since dropped the
inconsistent rdf:Seq. In other words, RSS 1.0 also mixed Class and
class, but at least RSS 1.1 only does so at the root.

Moreover, since the uptake of RSS 1.0 presumably wasn't hampered on the
(purely aesthetic) shunning of class capitalization, we don't believe
that it'll be an important factor in RSS 1.1 either.

Thanks,

--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/