Re: (Fwd) Re: new Semantic Web Interest Group (SWIG) home list, se

Date sent:      	Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:57:06 -0500
From:           	Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
To:             	Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Copies to:      	www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject:        	Re: (Fwd) Re: new Semantic Web Interest Group (SWIG) home list, se
Forwarded by:   	www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Date forwarded: 	Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:50:00 +0000

> Wasn't there this approach that used URIs to identify things.....?

There is a problem for people (such as myself) who are learning
and enquring into RDF and do not yet have the tools implemented.

We do have old text based tools which work when people are
considerate enough to be thoughtful of those not (yet) so
knowledgable as themselves.

It is not helfpul or considerate or kind to be clever clever about it.  It
says instead that you aspire to a closed world where only the
knowledgable are welcome.

I have been reading this group for some time and appreciate the
ringside seat at the development table.  At the same time I have
some problems which RDF will I think be of great help to me.

At the moment I have collected a lot of information about tools but
not yet been able to sort out the appropriate ones for
implementation.

It would help me (and I suspect others) if your message lists
followed what is a convention udsed by many others in software
development and put  e.g. [SW] at the start of the message.

You clever ones may not need it but it helps incomers.

Thank you

John Fletcher

Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 204 3389 (direct line)
Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: J.P.Fletcher@aston.ac.uk
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.      CEAC Web site
http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/