Re: newbie modelling question

Dynamics always hurt a bit when using RDF, and I surely hope we'll get a
best practice note on this someday, but for now I would reificate the
statements (the following notation shall say [s p o n] = subject
predicate object nameOfTheTriple, and is used as a shorthand notation
for reification).

Now you can use
["Joe Bloggs" worksFor BT s1]
["Joe Bloggs" worksFor Microsoft s2]
[s1 stated 01-15-04]
[s2 stated 11-15-05]
or
[s1 startsBeingTrue 01-15-04]
or whatever - in short, you need some temporal logics and an inferencer
who turns your reificated statements into actual ones in case they are
valid.

I don't know about any inferencing engine capable of this, sorry, but we
will certainly be in need of such a construct sooner or later (this will
be possible with rules, methinks, but that's another story).

If I'm wrong I would be gladly pointed to my errors,
hope this helps,
denny

--
Denny Vrandecic
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe (TH)