RE: Multi-purpose documents? (Was: 3023 update (Was: <TAG stuff>))

Yep.

Consider the vocabulary http://sw.nokia.com/FN-1 which employs
terms grounded in *ten* different namespaces.

C.f. http://sw.nokia.com/schemas/nokia/FN-1.2.rdf

And thus, resource descriptions expressed using that vocabulary
can include terms grounded in up to ten different namespaces.

E.g.

http://sw.nokia.com/uriqa/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsw.nokia.com%2Fid%2Fcfa26f83-32b0-4c3c-9d8c-3db5a054e3f5-10146%2FDesigning_Java_Application_for_Series_60.pdf&format=application%2Frdf%2Bxml&naming=uri&inference=include

As soon as a sufficient number of folks realize that there
is no need to restrict the terms of their functional vocabularies
to a single namespace, that the namespace itself simply doesn't
matter insofar as the semantics are concerned, you will see alot
more sharing of terms between functional vocabularies (i.e. fewer
terms defined that are equivalent to other terms grounded
in other namespaces, yet exist simply to have all terms used by
a vocabulary share a common namespace) as well as functional
vocabularies employing, a'la carte, terms grounded in numerous
disparate namespaces.

> Consider the example
> of documents using Foaf, which have been presented as
> capturing the sorts
> of things that might appear on a home page.  It seems to me
> that, over
> time, the Foaf content (and structural dominance) of such
> pages may become
> relatively insignificant.
>
> (Compared with XML, I happen to think that one of RDF's big
> contributions
> is syntactically well-defined mixing and combination of
> vocabularies, so I
> think the RDF experience here could (should?) turn out
> differently to the
> XML experience.)

+1

Patrick