Re: working around the identity crisis

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:34:25 -0000, Victor Lindesay
<victor@schemaweb.info> wrote:

> Daniel and Alistair were musing about whipping some XSLT on RDF/XML:
> > I agree that, as a matter of good practise, any alternate content-type
> > representations of the same concept need to be synchronised.
> > One way of
> > achieving this would be to use an RDF/XML description as the reference
> > point, and using XSLT to generate an HTML representation.
>
> Tricky in my experience due to the syntactical variations in RDF/XML
> which means that the same data can be expressed in many ways. For
> cast-iron processing of RDF/XML we need to start with a RDF parser.
> RDF/XML -> Trix (or RXR) (with parser) -> HTML (with XSLT) seems a
> better bet.

There are a few stylesheets around that can handle the variations,
e.g.  I believe James Carlisle's RDF/XML => NTriples [1] performs
pretty nicely. Then there's GRDDL [2] for generating multiple
representations the other way around.

I do think you're right about the value of keeping things in sync
mechanically. Not long ago I did it a crude way in some Atom/OWL notes
[3], with Turtle/N3 inline in XHTML <div>s, making the schema
extractable.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.semanticplanet.com/library?pagename=Main.RdfToTriplesStylesheet