Re: Partially defined concepts

But then, if australian employee is a just a subclass of employee, we can`t
define the value of the property nationality. The subclass australian
employee would have the propertiy nationality without defining. Can't we
define a subconcept associating a value to some properties, so any instance
of this subconcept would have some values predefined?

Cheers,

Ander

Paul Gearon wrote:

>Ander Altuna/LABEIN wrote:
>> Then a company decides to extend the schema and create two new kinds of
>> employee based on the previous class but with some concrete information
> about them, that is their nationality.
>>
>>       <rdf:description rdf:about="http://example.org#australian">
>>             <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://example.org#employee"/>
>>             <rdf:type rdf:resource="&rdfs;Class"/>
>>             <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="http://example.org#employee
"/>
>>             <example:nationality>australian</example:nationality>
>>       </rdf:description>

>The way I understand it, this is a class (a subclass of employee) and not
an
>instance.  It has type "&rdfs;Class", but it does not have type
"employee".