Re: OWL DL restriction clarification, please

Benjamin Nowack wrote:

>On 10.06.2004 17:49:21, Danny Ayers wrote:
>

>>Benjamin Nowack wrote:
>>

>>>On 10.06.2004 13:37:41, Danny Ayers wrote:
>>>

>>>I think the specs are quite clear, the reference for example says:
>>>[[
>>>  "In OWL Lite and OWL DL, owl:Class must be used for all class
>>>  descriptions"
>>>]]
>>>

>>But that doesn't exclude the use of rdfs:Class as well, nor does it
>>explain *why*. In fact the very next point in the reference says:
>>

>I read, it _does_ exclude the use of rdfs:Class, for you would have
>a class description that used rdfs:Class then.

Ok, my mistake, on re-reading I do get it that way. Earlier I read
'class descriptions' as being the descriptions of the classes, which
might include other characteristics such as other types.

>>>Did you already try your example on e.g. protege's OWL
>>>plug-in?
>>>

>>Not yet, I shall (I've got it set up with RACER here).
>>

>hm, I just remember, I'm not sure if the owl plug-in allows the
>import of rdfs classes. but it's worth a try..

No joy, but I can't be 100% sure the problem wasn't just my (fragile)
install.

>cheerio to italy.

grazie und guten abend,

Danny.