Re: RDF Triples in XML, named graphs

Hi Bob

When writing the paper, we discussed this particularly point, i.e. whether
"asserted" could be a triple or not. I argued that it could not be, because
you need to know where to start when reading what the propositional intent
of a document is.

For instance a graph

_:a :-

{ _:a trix:asserted "false" }

must be unasserted, but in a curious sort of way that is because we are
first reading it as asserted to learn that it is unasserted.

Worse is:

_:a :-

{ _:b trix:asserted "false" .
   _:a trix:asserted "true" .

  }

_:b :-

{ _:a trix:asserted "false" .
   _:b trix:asserted "true" .
}

Where one of the two graphs can be read as asserted and the other as
unasserted, but we don't know which.

My take is that in general you are right, properties of graphs should just
be described in RDF, but specifically asserted has to be special.
I managed to convince to Patrick enough for the paper, but I am sure he
would be pleased if you could pull my rationale to pieces.

Jeremy