RE: Real World Semantic Web Tools?

I do not share the opinion that semantic web is unusable. I think the
goals are set way too high. Before you want to manage global
information, check out the mess in your email inbox.

I have built a PersonalInformationManagement prototype and integration
suite.

gnowsis - a Semantic Desktop

It is usable, I use it myself to associate pictures to people,
powerpoint slides to appointments
and other stuff.

I integrated a wiki/weblog into it, a fine idea for information
management.

and I generated my foaf with it automatically (extracted data from MS
outlook)
foaf is here:
http://www.gnowsis.com/leo/foaf.xml
you see funny urls in it, they are from gnowsis.

Gnowsis does most of the points you mentioned, read the paper (see
below).

It will be released under something like a BSD license later in this
year,
I have problems with patents etc. right now.

In  the meantime,
have a look at my paper about it,
it has screenshots.

http://www.gnowsis.com/wiki/GnowSis/LeoSThesis