RE: need for tools to help people write valid RDFS

This is very good info.

I would add to the wish list - an embeddable validator/style checker and an editor that embeds it to provide real time corrections/suggestions. This would teach people to write correct and friendly RDF/RDFS.

James

234-600.pd

There are a number of errors, likely mistakes and questionable style
choices in the schema:

1. (Error) It has the wrong namespaces for RDF and RDFS.

2. (Error) It defines properties that are not legal XML names.

3. (Poor style?) It features unqualified use of rdf:ID

4. (Likely mistake) It uses rdfs:Property, not rdf:Property

5. (Likely mistake) It uses rdfs:Bag, not rdf:Bag

6. (Likely mistake) It defines several resources that are both type
rdfs:Property and type rdfs:Bag - this is almost certainly a mistake.

7. (Poor style) It doesn't give human readable labels to properties and
classes.

8. (Poor style) It omits xml:lang attributes from comments.

Of these only 1, 2 and 3 are identified by the current W3C validator. It
would be great if someone could extend the W3C validator so it warns
users of the other likely errors?

For other examples of these problems, see google:

google "+www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Property"
132 hits for rdfs:Property

google ""+www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Bag"
25 hits for rdfs:Bag