Re: Classes in OWL

I think what you're trying to say is

C subClassOf B
B subClassOf A
X type C

is X type A?

Theoretically, yes: RDFS says that X can be inferred to be of type A.
However, in practice you will need either (a) a query language that
does subclass navigation or inference (a "smart" query language), or
(b) an inferencing store.

If you have a store or query language that only looks at the raw
triples (a structural query language), then unless 'X type A' appears
directly in the data, then you won't get the answer.

Your two options would be:
1. use a store/query language capable of doing this kind of inference
2. use an inferencing store such as Racer to do the processing.

Hope that helps,
-Rich