RE: Reification - whats best practice?

If I'm understanding you right Dan, your approach seems to be
the same, in essence, as named graphs, where one makes statements
about the graph, which allows one to infer things about the
statements within that graph.

C.f.

http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2004/HPL-2004-57
http://www.w3.org/2004/03/trix/

Named graphs provide also for concepts such as "context" or "scope",
whereby a graph can be qualfied for or associated with a given
context, thereby allowing the context of its statements to be
inferred.

Support for named graphs also results in a quad, but the fourth
element of the quad is the graph to which a statement belongs.

It's a far more generic, clean approach which has direct, albeit
somewhat implicit, support by the RDF MT -- since, after all,
it defines the nature of graphs, and graphs are clearly resources
which can be named by URIs, and all other use cases (contexts,
source/provenance, trust, security/acces, scope, etc) can be
defined in terms of named graphs, as application layers provided
for by particular vocabularies.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there...  ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick