Re: relational database ontology

I would recommend to use developed and used already industrial
standards to describe relational schema
In particular CWM (Common Warehouse Model) from OMG which is built on
top of MOF
http://www.omg.org/cwm/
I had been using  it (my own implementation) for a few years in my
relational DBMS <-> RDF ETL tool.
CWM is quite powerful to extend a wide set relational, OO, and XML
schema (support of datatypes, integrity constraints, etc)
and quite flexible to extend it if you need features which are not
included into the current version of CWM/
As far as I remember it is supported by (or they intended to support)
Oracle products, IBM, Unisys, and other key players
Andrei
On Aug 9, 2004, at 11:41 PM, Prajakta Nivargi wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I an trying to create an ontology for relational databases. This is
> like a meta ontology and not for any particular database. I have
> created an ontology which has classes like – table, fields, records
> etc and certain properties.
>
>  My aim is to target different levels or types of data i.e. open data,
> confidential data etc.
>
> Is anyone aware of any such existing ontology with which I could
> verify mine?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Prajakta

Andrei Lopatenko