RE: relational database ontology

Thanks Andrei.... That really helped a lot!

I am using the Relational database model part of it.

I am confused as to how I can model the following in OWL.

I am trying to model not only the metadata for databases but also a few
instance data rows. So I have to link the rows with the appropriate
tables and the values in the rows with their appropriate columns.

-The following are classes - column, row, columnSet, rowSet,

-columnSet consists of one or more columns

-rowSet consists of one or more rows

-rowSet is owned by a columnSet or a derived class of columnSet

-table and view classes will be subclasses of columnSet

-Row inherits from Object. Its structure is defined by the corresponding
ColumnSet and its Columns. Each

Row is divided into ColumnValues, which match the value of a relational
table, at the intersection of a row and a column.

-A row is associated with a particular column with a "slot" association

-columnValue is associated with the "slot"

For a clearer understanding here is a link to the actual document :

http://www.omg.org/docs/ad/01-02-01.pdf

Section 9.2.9

What I do not understand is how do I map the row with the column via the
slot association in OWL.

Or in more general terms how do I model associations between classes.
Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks,

Prajakta

  _____