Re: Native RDF DBs

Tom Adams wrote:

> We've also open sourced the core of TKS in the Kowari project, we're
> expecting a new release of Kowari in the next day or so.
>
> http://www.kowari.org/

I would imagine there's a significant overlap between rdf-interest
readers and Planet RDF but just in case there isn't you can now download
1.0.2 from SF:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kowari

There's the 11MB Kowari lite and the full 47MB or so Kowari source
distribution.

Some the changes that people might be interested in include:
* Load speed has significantly increased in speed under 32-bit and
64-bit systems.
* JRDF and Jena Graph and Model implementations.
* SOAP support has been updated to use AXIS 1.1.
* Streaming of queries across RMI allows queries of arbitrary size to be
returned.
* Swing UI has been improved to support cut-and-paste, multiple queries
on a single line, uses the new RMI streaming and runs without a window
manager (-s option).

It can now also create models automatically if in the FROM clause you
mention a file or http URIs.

e.g. select $s $p $o from <http://www.w3c.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/home.rss>
where $s $p $o ;

Subsequent queries will be done locally within the store.  We're
eventually going to extend this to allow you to make statements about
the model like how often you want it to be updated.

We'll be updating documentation and the web site in the next few weeks too.