Re: Native RDF DBs

On Apr 16, 2004, at 8:03 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> I'm sure I've seen three or four different triplestores that were more
> native than dumping triples in a RDBMS - anyone got any relevant
> links, please?

RDFStore [1] is a BSD-licensed lightweight native RDF storage written
in C/Perl which uses a ad-hoc hashed storage with various compressed
multi-dimensional sparse matrix inverted indexes. It supports simple
SPO, RDQL [2] and fetch_object [3] query methods - free-text Unicode
indexing and stemming on literals is fully supported. As well as
indexing of rdf:datatype and xml:lang literal properties. Graph naming
(contexts/provenance) is fully supported at the API and query level -
and graphs can be serialized to RDF/XML and N-Triples containing full
naming information [4]. It also includes pure perl RDF/XML and
N-Triples parsers which passes all positive RDFCore tests [5].

For a more detailed description of the DB back-end see

http://www.asemantics.com/presos/SWAD-E/SWADe-rdfstore.html

as presented [6] at the SWAD-e storage and retrieval workshop [7] in
Amsterdam last November

Various demos and demonstrators has been build [8][9][10][11][12] with
the toolkit.

Lastest code is aval on CVS at SourceForge

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rdfstore login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rdfstore co
rdfstore

or latest snapshot bundle at
http://rdfstore.sourceforge.net/downloads/snap.tgz - we successfully
compiled the package on BSD, OSX, Linux, Solaris and Gygwin.

hope this helps

Albe

[1] http://www.rdfstore.com/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-RDQL-20040109/