Re: Enumeration in RDF?

Dan Brickley wrote:
> * Art.Barstow@nokia.com <Art.Barstow@nokia.com> [2003-09-15 11:49-0400]
>
>>Do the latest RDF specs define a way to do enumeration
>>(e.g. a Bag may contain only 4 strings)?  If so, please
>>send me the pointer.
>

> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_collectionvocab
> The rdf:List collections mechanism allows the members of a list to be
> enumeated in a way that makes it clear the whole list has been
> represented.

But as one can always add an infinite number of rdf:first properties to
any rdf:List resource (see your citation about), does this really help
ensure that nothing more is added to a list---or even, as you put it,
"makes it clear the whole list has been represented?"

Saying we ignore the new rdf:first properties doesn't help, because that
would make rdf:List unstable---once someone adds another rdf:first to an
rdf:List, which rdf:first is part of the "whole list" and which one isn't?

Garret