Re: Attaching (embedding?) RDF

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Martin May wrote:

> Does anybody have thoughts on option 4, consisting of creating some
> kind of bundle (e.g. a zip or jar file) that binds the file and it's
> rdf metadata file together?

METS (Metadata Encoding & Transmission Standard) is one possibility.  It
provides an XML container for both content and metadata.

http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/

I don't know METS in detail, but I assume that you would have to create an
XML schema that described your RDF/XML instance metadata if you wanted to
carry RDF in METS.

Andy
--
Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell       +44 1225 383933