Re: RDF validator

Charlie Abela wrote:

> Need some clarifications pleaseI am using the RDF validator and in my RDF/s file I've set the range as "&xsd;#integer" though when
> I created an instance I've tried to give it a string instead, but the document was parsed correctly.
> Is this because the validator just validates the syntax and not the semantics?

The validator does not check that literal values are valid w.r.t the
specified datatype.

But I think Jena 2.0 [1] provides classes to validate typed literals (at
least basic XSD types). I might be wrong though.

[1] http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/jena2.htm

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga (epietriga@nuxeo.com)