Re: RDF validator

Charlie Abela wrote:

> Need some clarifications pleaseI am using the RDF validator and
> in my RDF/s file I've set the range as "&xsd;#integer" though
> when I created an instance I've tried to give it a string
> instead, but the document was parsed correctly. Is this because
> the validator just validates the syntax and not the semantics? In
>  building an application that handles/manipulates RDF is there a
> way by which I can enforce the data type consistency in RDF, or
> do I have to handle it internally in my software?

You could take a look at the Rio RDF parser package[1], which has
validation support for datatypes - though it currently only supports
boolean, float, double, decimal and all subtypes of decimal
(integer, nonNegativeInteger, byte, unsigned short, etc.).

Jeen

[1] Download at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sesame. It's fairly
small and includes Javadoc documentation.
--
jeen@aduna.biz
Aduna (formerly Aidministrator b.v.) - http://www.aduna.biz