Re: Semantic Web forms for 2nd phase?

Hi Leo,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 11:12:07AM +0100, Leo Sauermann wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> what exactly do you mean with "forms"

A form is a declaration of a parameterized state transition in a
hypermedia application.

Currently, the standards developed as part of the Semantic Web effort
only permit unparameterized transitions, at least without out-of-band
agreement between parties.  So you GET some RDF, see a URI, GET that,
etc.. and maybe you PUT along the way, as it is implicitly supported
(i.e. requires no parameters ... I think).  But there's no way to
declare either;

a) that a URI can be parameterized with information provided by the
client, ala http://example.org/foo?a=b&c=d

or

b) that a URI identifies a data processor which accepts specific kinds
of data from the client via POST

One solution that I'm quite fond of was just mentioned;

http://www.markbaker.ca/2003/05/RDF-Forms/

But I don't particularly care what the standard looks like, so long as
there is one.

Mark.