Re: RDF query and Rules - my two cents

At 11:55 11/11/03 -0500, Jim Hendler wrote:
>1 - I think there is a clear and present need in the RDF community for a
>way to essentially request a set of triples from a remote store --
>essentially an RDF remote access API. [...]

Yes!

Not only for remote access, but also as a means to integrate systems that
operate in different runtime environments on the same host.  E.g. how to
integrate my work in Haskell with a Jena-based RDF store?

To some extent this would, I think, necessitate some standardization of
queries, which in a suitably scoped endeavour like this would be helpful (I
having previously expressed concerns about the timing of query
standardization).

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: