Re: URIQA!

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 06:23, Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> I'm happy to announce the release of the first public version of URIQA, the
> Nokia URI Query Agent, which is an example implementation of the URIQA model
> for semantic web enabled servers.
>
> http://sw.nokia.com/URIQA.html

Patrick,

Why introduce a new HTTP header instead of using an existing one like
Accept?  How does URI-Resolution-Mode: Description differ from just
setting Accept: application/rdf+xml?

FWIW, the W3 TAG has been debating [1] if what you're doing (that is, if
the description of a thing is different than the thing itself) is "the
right thing", although they have been stuck for a while.

I hope I don't stir it up again, just wanted to point it out.

Seth

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#httpRange-14